The Palate 2013
The greatest competition in the history of UK wine tasting returns for its second year...
In 2013, our search for the UK's finest amateur wine taster returned with more wines, more fun times and, at around 10,000, double the number of entrants.
It was the sassy and likeable Chloe Dickson who styled her way through to the Semi Final and the Final, giving a unique presentation that left the judges gobsmacked. Chloe jetted off on holiday (though she called it her delayed honeymoon) to Australia and New Zealand for the wine tasting holiday of a lifetime with Robert Oatley and Giesen Wines.
Results So Far...
The Palate 2013 kicked off in spectacular style at the beginning of June, with 8,136 contestants turning out for our first blind tasting (that’s over 3,000 more than last year), and you guys were on dazzling form. Read more
Once again, the prizes up for grabs are mind-bendingly decadent. So, as well as hundreds of bottles of wine, we will also be giving away:
- A ten day luxury wine holiday for two in Australia and New Zealand, courtesy of Robert Oatley and Giesen Wines Read More
- Wine Tasting Boot Camp with BBC Saturday Kitchen's, Susie Barrie MW and Peter Richards MW
- The opportunity to choose a wine for Oddbins’ shelves
- The prestigious title of “The Palate 2013”
The Palate 2014
- The Palate will return in the summer of 2014, bigger and better than ever before. But in the meantime, it would be worth watching this space for news from the final and because there are other exciting Palate-based developments coming soon... Find out if you have what it takes to enter next year's competition